Mappers Unite! Mapeadores, a Spanish CS:GO Zombie Escape community along with other communities have come together for a new contest to help bring new and exciting maps to CSGO Zombie Servers (ZE, ZM, ZS)
X-Post from http://mapeadores.co...est-2015.17723/ <-Find more Info There
Nowadays we tend to find ourselves at our family home in Christmas, a time when we come together to have fun and share some time with the people we love.
As a community, we think we should come together too. Because of this, we are going to host a cross-community mapping competition around the theme of Christmas. Maps submitted to the contest will be judged by 4 different judges and the 5 winners will receive the following prizes:Mappers of maps that are added to the Mapeadores servers, regardless of winning, will receive mapper status.
Furthermore, we will also be hosting a community-based competition in which people will be able to donate whatever they wish (CS:GO items or Steam games) to a community prize pool. After the competition ends, we will use voting platform to allow players to vote for their favorite map (1 vote per steam account owning CS:GO), and the mappers of the winning maps in the community vote will be given their share of the prize pool.
Anything goes, however, the map must be created in CS:GO for any of the following zombie gamemodes:
Maps will NEED to work with Mapeadores' settings (mainly spawn in the crowd), but absolute freedom will be given otherwise. You will also need to use the Mapeadores Mapping Contest 2015 sign somewhere visible in the map. You are free to also use signs advertising your own community (if any) - no restrictions whatsoever! Just make sure the Mapeadores mapping contest sign is visible.
- Zombie Escape (ZE)
- Zombie Survival (ZS)
- Zombie Mod (ZM)
Deadline: 06/01/2016 12:00 PM Spanish time (GMT+1)
Judging: The official judging will be performed taking into account:
Community judging will be based only on the votes of the users as a whole.
- Quality of the gameplay experience (when live tested on the mapeadores servers)
- Overall aesthetics and visuals
- Usage of entities in interesting, novel or enjoyable ways
- Technical expertise and correct usage of the tools
- Custom content of any kind (textures, materials, models, sounds...)
To participate, simply create your Christmas-themed zombie map and upload it here: http://mapeadores.com/foros/mapas.9/
- Ports are NOT included in this contest. Remakes of existing maps will be, however, allowed if they are built from the ground up.
- Maps started before the contest will be able to compete, however, this fact must be disclosed for a more fair judging of the results.
- Collaborative entries are allowed and ENCOURAGED. We want the community to strengthen and grow while having fun. Members of the team developing a map will decide how to split the prizes if won.
- Maps submitted to the contest and uploaded to other sites (GameBanana, Steam Workshop, ...) must state that the map entered the competition.
If you have a problem navigating the site, post on this thread to get some help!
You may use this texture pack for snow textures, ice walls and other related materials. You can also use this which is a material pack using (mostly) textures already in the game.
To send something into the prize pool, contact Morell http://steamcommunity.com/id/JMorell/ or Send your Items here
GFL Thread: http://gflclan.com/t...g-contest-2015/